Q. What funding will I receive for my NHS course?

What funding will I receive for my NHS course?


From September 2017, new students on the BSc Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Healthcare Profession courses in England will have to take out maintenance and tuition fee loans like other students. The NHS bursary is no longer in place and the NHS no longer pays for your tuition fees. For more information, type in ‘2017/18’ into AskUS at www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students These students will also be eligible to apply for a Child Dependants Allowance of £1,000, and a Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses (subject to other conditions). These changes do not affect the Social Work Bursary for 2017 entrants.

Returning students on nursing and healthcare courses who have received an NHS bursary in 2016/17 will continue to do so. Any queries regarding applying should be directed to your School. They will also send confirmation of your attendance to the NHS Grants Unit.

  • Last Updated Sep 07, 2017
  • Views 9
  • Answered By David Hamilton (askUs)

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0