Q. I am a student, how can I find part-time or casual work?

I am a student, how can I find part-time or casual work?


The University of Salford opened a new Unitemps on-campus recruitment agency in April 2017, which is based in University House on the Peel Park campus. Hundreds of students and recent graduates have already registered to seek part-time and temporary work in roles across the university including exam invigilators, ambassadors, student hosts, admin and research roles. Take a look at the Unitemps section of the Careers website for details of how to sign up.

You can also find part-time or vacation-period jobs that can fit around studies and/or in vacation-periods (most are in the Greater Manchester area).

Current undergraduate students can access placements and information about what help is available in finding a suitable placement in the section on Undergraduate Placements (for a year or for summer).

Current students or graduates can find Volunteering opportunities and information on voluntary projects in the local area.

You can also get help with CV, applications and preparing for interviews or book onto a workshop or appointment with a Careers Advisor.

If you are looking for a part-time or a volunteering role and would like to meet employers face to face, our Part-time Jobs and Volunteering Fair is on Wednesday 3rd October. For more information, including the time and a list of organisations attending the event, please click here.

  • Last Updated Aug 29, 2018
  • Views 16
  • Answered By David Hamilton (askUs)

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0