Q. What sort of evidence will I need to provide if I want to be considered as independent and "irreconcilably estranged from parents"?

What sort of evidence are they looking for?


If you are asking to be considered as independent and "irreconcilably estranged from parents" you must have at least one primary supporting statement from an independent person with good standing in the community. This person should normally have known about your situation for a substantial amount of time, and can verify that you are who you say you are, the relationship they have to you, that they know your situation and the amount of time you haven’t had contact with your parents and that the situation is unlikely to change whilst you are at university. If they use the term ‘irreconcilably estranged’ in the letter it will help. The more evidence you collect the better, but the main letter has to be someone that you are not related to and it cannot be a partner. It is ok to use these people to write letter to back the man letter up.

  • Last Updated Oct 27, 2017
  • Views 2
  • Answered By David Hamilton (askUs)

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0