Q. What can I submit a PMC for?
What can I submit a PMC for?
You can submit a PMC for the following reasons:
- absence/non-attendance at an exam, presentation or similar type of assessment
- late submission of coursework (up to 4 working days late only)
- non submission of coursework
Or exceptionally in cases where you
- were unable to determine if you were fit to sit/submit an assessment but you did submit or take the assessment and
- have appropriate medical evidence to confirm that you were not in a position to determine your fitness
then you can use the PMC procedure to request that the assessment attempt should become null and void (i.e. a non-submission or absence).
If you submit a PMC for late submission but then do not submit your assessment, you should be aware that your PMC request will not automatically change to a PMC request for non-submission. If this is the situation, you are advised to contact your School.
If you are issued with a Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)/Student Support Plan (SSP) part way through a trimester and have submitted assessments earlier in the trimester without the support identified in the RAP/SSP, it may be possible to submit a PMC to request that your submitted assessments should become null and void and effectively request a replacement attempt.
The deadline to submit a PMC must be observed. You cannot ask for a replacement assessment attempt for assessments completed in a previous academic year or trimester when marks have already been confirmed by the Board of Examiners.