Q. What medical evidence do I need to provide in order to get support?

What medical evidence do I need to provide in order to get support?


Before any support can be put in place, we need to see some form of medical evidence from you. We prefer to see this evidence before the appointment is booked. The preferred type of evidence would be a Doctor or Consultant letter explaining what the medical condition is, whether it is a long term condition and explaining some of the effects on your daily life and routine. We can also accept DSA and Student Finance England medical forms. In the case of Specific Learning Difficulties, Disability & Learner Support need to see the previous Educational Psychologist report prior to booking.


Note – Fit Notes may be accepted as evidence for some support, but not for Disabled Students’ Allowance or a full Reasonable Adjustments Plan appointment. They can be accepted for Temporary Injury Support Plans (TISP), but only for the period of the Fit Note. If in doubt, check with a Disability Adviser.


Previous Educational Psychologist reports need to fit very specific criteria to be accepted as evidence for a Reasonable Adjustments Plan or for DSA.


A member of staff on the askUS desk will ask an adviser from the Disability & Learner Support team to check if the report is valid before booking a Reasonable Adjustments Plan appointment. If the report is not valid, you may have to be reassessed for SpLD (Dyslexia, Dyspraxia etc.)


Medical evidence & previous Educational Psychologist reports should be forwarded to Disability & Learner Support by email to the DLS inbox at disability@salford.ac.uk or they can be dropped off at the askUS desk by hand in a sealed envelope marked for the attention of DLS. It can also be posted to us. You should always send copies and not original documents.

  • Last Updated Aug 30, 2018
  • Views 11
  • Answered By David Hamilton (askUs)

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0