Answered By: James Allen Last Updated: Feb 16, 2017 Views: 28
The Library provides access to thousands of electronic books, electronic journals, online databases and other resources.
You can access these in a variety of ways.
- Via Library Search is the easiest and most effective method to discover our e-Books, e-Journals and databases, alongside our printed collection.
- If you are on-campus you will usually not need to login to the e-Books or e-Journals
- If you are off-campus, including in University halls of residence, then you will be prompted to sign in with your network username and password as necessary
You can also access electronic resources relevant to your course, programme or module via your reading lists.
There are other ways to access electronic resources :
- You could access publisher platforms and websites directly to search for information : the Library's Resources page would be a good place to start
- Or you could use Google Scholar to locate academic information
If you are using these methods, and are off campus you may wish to :
- Install the E-resource login tool on your browser to login quickly to resources you find
- Add Salford's Find It buttons to Google Scholar to quickly locate full text articles