Answered By: Alex Laing Last Updated: Jun 06, 2017 Views: 49
Box of Broadcasts (BoB) has produced a series of videos showing how to use their service here. For a quick introduction to the service please continue reading.
Searching for and viewing programmes that are already uploaded
• You can search the entire archive using the Search link, to find if a programme is already available for viewing – either by title or subject:
• Click on the Available Now filter for programmes you can already view.
• Click on the picture preview to view or listen to the programme.
Requesting a programme
• Requests for recordings are limited to 10 per day for any individual user.
• You can select any programme from the 10 day Electronic Programme Guide to record. Left click and hold the mouse to drag the screen left and right, and up and down, to see other channels and times of day.
OR you can do a Search for All Results, including ones you can request.
• To request a programme – click on the programme you want, then click on Request This Programme:
• Once you have chosen a programme for recording, it is automatically added to your “My BoB” area when the recording becomes available. Programmes from the BBC archive normally become available the day after requesting. Then just click on the programme to view it.
• To create a clip, go to the programme player page. Below the player is a button “Make Clip”.
- Click the Make Clip button.
- Drag the "in" and "out" pointers to the desired location.
- Click on Save Clip.
The full details required for a reference are available from the Citation feature, on the programme player page for any programme. Please note that you will need to amend the details in accordance with your School’s referencing guidelines, or the guides produced by The Library.
A recent update has meant that all BoB programmes should be compatible with handheld devices and smartphones.