Answered By: Alex Laing Last Updated: Jan 23, 2017 Views: 20
Answered By: Alex Laing
Last Updated: Jan 23, 2017 Views: 20
You won't automatically find a record for every journal article or document in Library Search.
Library Search only includes items indexed by the system supplier.
- there are some journal articles which you can access but which are not included in Library Search
- and there are some databases that we purchase which you have to search on their own platform
- there are are other content types which need to be searched in specialist databases, and which are not in Library Search - for example, law cases, recordings from TV, maps, images, chemical reactions etc.
To improve the coverage of your search, try the following
- if you are off-campus, login to Library Search - this ensures that you see results from a wider set of sources
- use the 'Expand beyond library collection' button to see results which you might be interested in but you can't access online immediately
- find and search in a subject database relevant to your topic