Answered By: Maree Green Last Updated: Jun 21, 2017 Views: 1
- Academic Search Premier - A full text scholarly journal article resource covering nearly every academic field of study, including history and politics.The database includes full text for 1,800 publications.
- British Humanities Index (BHI) – An international abstracting and indexing tool for research in the humanities including subjects such as gender studies, religion and political science. Covers humanities journals and weekly magazines, as well as quality newspapers published in the UK and the United States.
- JSTOR - A scholarly academic journal resource with full text access to many journal articles in the Arts and Sciences fields covering history and political sciences.
Nexis Business and News - Provides access to news information, including international newspapers, trade publications and company information. All articles are available in full text. It is easy to use but remember to narrow down your search by limiting the dates or by choosing a specific set of newspapers. Updated daily.
Web of Knowledge - This database provides a search facility of a very wide range of journals. Highly useful in finding relevant material for your essay and dissertation research that is not listed on your module reading lists.
Worldwide Political Science Abstracts - This database provides abstracts and indexing of the international literature of political science and international relations, along with complementary fields, including international law and public administration/policy.
- JISC Historical Texts - Brings together four historically significant collections, with over 400,000 books published from the late 15th centrury through to the long 19th century.
- Early English Books Online (EEBO) (1473-1700)
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online (ECCO) (1701-1800)
- 65,000 British Library 19th Century texts (1789-1914)
- UK Medical Heritage Library (UKMHL) (1800-1900s)
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography - 50,000 biographies of people who shaped the history of the British Isles and beyond, from the earliest times to the year 2002.
- Oxford Reference Online - A reference database which consists of a wealth of facts, figures, definitions, and translations found in dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works published by Oxford University Press.
Please that you do not have access to every book on this platform.