Answered By: Maree Green Last Updated: Aug 01, 2017 Views: 11
Answered By: Maree Green
Last Updated: Aug 01, 2017 Views: 11
We have access to have a number of online dictionaries..
- Select Dictionaries from the Subject or Type menu.
- Click the Submit button. A list of databases will be displayed.
- Click on the title link to find out more about what each collection holds, or click Link to database to start searching.
What is in them?
- Blackwell Reference Online -quality reference resources for students and scholars, featuring Wiley-Blackwell’s acclaimed companions, handbooks, dictionaries and guides from across the social sciences and humanities
- Dictionary of Old English - defines the vocabulary of the first six centuries (C.E. 600-1150) of the English language, using twenty-first century technology. The dictionary covers the first eight letters of the Old English alphabet.
- Dictionary of Old English Corpus - contains at least one copy of each text surviving in Old English.These texts fall into several categories: prose, poetry, glosses to Latin texts and inscriptions
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography - 50,000 biographies of people who shaped the history of the British Isles and beyond, from the earliest times to the year 2002.
- Oxford English Dictionary - new edition of the Oxford English Dictionary gives details of the meaning, history and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past.
- Oxford Reference Online - consists of a wealth of facts, figures, definitions, and translations found in dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works published by Oxford University Press.