Looking for resources? Use Library search (the new name for SOLAR).

Answered By: Jenni Roebuck
Last Updated: Apr 25, 2016     Views: 76

If you are not a current student at the University of Salford, the Community Access scheme allows you to gain access to a wide range of library resources, from Health to Engineering, Architecture to Fashion, Business to the Environment. If you are looking to research a specific subject or improve your studies we may have something for you.

Library registration is open to members of the public thanks to a variety of schemes that you may be eligible to join (find out which scheme applies to you in the list below). Complete our registration form and attach a photo of yourself before submitting it. We will then assess your application.


We have provided a brief description of our membership types to help guide you when completing the form.

Sconul A/B/C/R - Membership applies to students or staff of other universities who wish to make use of The Library at the University of Salford. In order to be eligible you must apply for Sconul membership at your home university library first, where you will receive an email outlining your SCONUL access rights, including the Band you have been placed in A/B/C/R. You will need to fill in the form on this page and attach a photo, when you come to collect the card please bring the email from your university with you.

Community Access - Membership applies to all members of the public, aged 16 and above, who live, work or study in the Salford area. You will be required to provide proof of your address when you come to collect your card.

Alumni - Membership is for all members of the University of Salford Alumni Association. In order to be eligible you must first apply for an Alumni membership card from the Association.

Associate College - Membership is for those attending a college or institution associated with the University of Salford, making them eligible to use our services as part of their course.

NHS Trust - Membership is for eligible eligible users who work within the NHS Trusts associated with the University.

Interruption of Study students – Membership applies to University of Salford students who have interrupted their study.

Member of the Public - If you are not eligible for one of the schemes listed, you may join The Library as a member of the public. Access will be granted as reference only, but should you wish to borrow, you can pay a registration fee of £50 for one year of borrowing access.