Answered By: Alex Laing Last Updated: Jul 25, 2017 Views: 1566
Answered By: Alex Laing
Last Updated: Jul 25, 2017 Views: 1566
There are 8 library printers available at Clifford Whitworth, 3 in Allerton Learning Space and 1 at MediaCityUK. Other printers are available in the Newton Building, Mary Seacole Building and elsewhere at MediaCityUK. A list of locations of other printers can be viewed here
There are 3 ways to print:
1. From a University networked PC – You can print from any computer in the library including the laptops by clicking 'File' then 'Print' when the document is open. Once you have sent the document to the printer take your card over to any of the printers and scan it to access your print ready documents. Choose the document you want to print and press 'Print'. You will be able to collect the document from beneath the touchscreen.
2. Wirelessly – If you want to print from your own device that is also possible, you will need your user name and password. Click here for further information on how to do this. You can use this from your wireless connected laptop and from home, but you need to be on campus to collect it from one of the printers.
3. From a mobile device – To print from a mobile device you need to download the EveryonePrint app.
Search for 'EveryonePrint' using the app store your phone OS uses.
- The link for the website to print off doesn't work.
- And Mac users?
Welcome to Salford; and the 1990s...
- Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will update the FAQ with guidance for printing from Mac computers.
Printing from laptops is normally done via the mobile print service, however, the link for this is currently down. Again, we will update this webpage once the service is resumed.
Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.
- The PrinterOn Android app does not seem to locate the printers at Salford University anymore so that option does not work. At least on my phone and android 6.
- The University no longer uses PrinterOn. The new app is EveryonePrint and you can find this by searching for EveryonePrint using the app store your OS uses.