Answered By: Alex Laing Last Updated: Jun 12, 2017 Views: 197
Scanning is a free service for all students and staff. You can scan from any Multi-Functional Device (MFD) within the University. You will have to log in to your student or staff account in order to scan. Scanned documents are automatically sent as an attachment to your Salford email address.
All printers are Multi-Functional devices (MFDs) and can be used to print, copy and scan. There are instructions for their use in the main photocopying areas within the library, but if you need further assistance just ask a member of staff.
- Lift the lid of the machine and lay your document face down on the glass in the upper left-hand corner.
- Place your ID card on the pad to the left of the screen, this should log you on and bring up a new screen with four options.
3. Select Scan-to-me. Choose the settings you require (for example colour or black and white) by clicking Scan settings. Press Scan when ready.
4. Remove your document when it has been scanned. If you want to scan another document on the same file replace it with your next document and repeat step 3. Continue doing this with all your documents until you are finished.
5. Press Done. The document will be sent to your University email address in PDF form.
6. Remember to log out. If you do not the next person to scan will send their documents to you.
The default setting is for colour, double-sided original sent to your University email account as a pdf file.
There is a file size limit of 2MB for each email sent using this service.
If you require Black & White, select the B&W option.
If you wish to save the scanned image as a jpeg file, press Scan settings and select the Delivery format option. An option for JPEG will appear.