Looking for resources? Use Library search (the new name for SOLAR).

Answered By: Alex Laing
Last Updated: May 18, 2016     Views: 25

If you are studying on a University of Salford course, based at one of our partner colleges or at a partner institution, you are welcome to use our libraries.

There are different types of partner college and partner institution programmes. Your College or Institution tutor can tell you which type of course you are studying and this will affect the range of information resources and services that you are able to use. The information should also be available in your Student Handbook. If you are still struggling you can email us.

If you are studying on a programme for which the University of Salford is funded directly, you will be able to access all of our library information resources and services.

If you are studying on a programme for which the partner institution, not the University of Salford, receives funding then you will not be able to access all of the library's resources and services, due to license restrictions. However if you do visit the University of Salford, you will be able to make use of the following services:

  • Reference access to a wide range of books, journals and magazines
  • Areas to read and study
  • Access to some electronic resources (please ask at a library Enquiry Desk for information regarding this).
  • Card operated photocopying facilities
  • Support from staffed Enquiry Desks in each library
  • Library card with the entitlement to borrow up to four items

The partner institution may have purchased additional services from the University of Salford, which will also be available.

In some instances, you can be registered for a library/computing account as an Associate Member. This provides restricted access to our IT and library services, including an email account, access to the virtual learning environment and reference access to the library. This is especially useful for staff teaching students on partner programmes.