Answered By: Alex Laing Last Updated: Jun 10, 2016 Views: 24
An associate is a person who has a legitimate relationship with the University of Salford, but is not a student or a member of staff. Currently the AccMan (Account Management) system governs what services associates can access and use.
Associates of the University are provided with:
- controlled access to the University's computing network (providing access to the Internet and in some instances the ability to read and write files to secure file storage areas)
- controlled access to the Blackboard Virtual Learning environment
- managed borrowing rights within the libraries at the University
- a University email account
- some Associate types have access to electronic information resources