Q. Why do I need to put my research in the University of Salford Institutional Repository (USIR)?


All members of staff and postgraduate students should place their research outputs in USIR, the University of Salford Institutional Repository. It’s easy to use and USIR staff can help you with any questions you may have about the deposit process and the copyright associated with your research.

Providing open access, wherever possible, to research by members of the University of Salford maximises its visibility and accessibility, and helps to realise our potential in making significant academic, economic, social and cultural impacts.

For more information, including why you should deposit your research, what you can deposit, compliance and copyright, visit the USIR pages on the Library website.

Here, you will also find information on Open Access and Article Process Charge (APC) funding. Article Processing Charge is a fee charged to authors in order to publish an article as Open Access in a peer reviewed journal. The University has limited funding to help you publish Open Access articles. Further information can be found at the following link: http://www.salford.ac.uk/library/research/openaccess/open-access-funding

  • Last Updated Jun 08, 2016
  • Views 19
  • Answered By Emma Pearson

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0