The following databases are recommended as starting points for your research:
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO) - a full text business database, covering management, economics, finance, accounting, international business. It includes Journal articles, reports and books. Coverage is from 1886.
- EconLit - provides peer-reviewed journal articles, working papers, books, collective volume articles, conference proceedings and book reviews. EconLit contains nearly 1.3 million records with citations and abstracts dating back to 1886.
- Economist Historical Archive - Provides a complete searchable copy of every issue of The Economist from 1843 to 2012. Recent copies of the Economist are on the mobile shelves in the Library annex.
- Emerald Business Management and Economics e-books - Contains over 550 volumes from over 70 book series titles and new content is added each year. It offers access to subjects such as strategy, accounting and finance, organizational studies and economics, accounting, finance, organizational studies and economics.
- Emerald Insight - Provides full text journal articles with subject coverage which spans a spectrum of management disciplines - coverage is from 1898.
- EIU Country Data - A database of annual, quarterly and monthly economic indicators and forecasts. EIU Country Data delivers up to 317 series on 201 countries and 45 regional aggregates, running from 1980 and forecasting out five years. For the 82 most important markets, key variables are additionally projected to 2030 in order to facilitate business planning.
- JSTOR - An archive of some of the major journals in economics; full text is from volume one onwards, although the most recent volumes are not covered. Use for older material.
- Nexis Business & News - this database contains full text articles from national and international newspapers. Includes full text articles from the Financial Times. See the Skills For Learning blog for details.
- ProQuest Asian Business & Reference - detailed information on companies, economies, markets, and overall business conditions throughout the Eastern Hemisphere. A great deal of information on international trade is available as well. Coverage 1971 - current.
- ProQuest Political Science Database - Contains EIU country reports which include lots of useful information about economic growth, inflation & exchange rates, political risk etc. It also contains EIU country forecast reports with six years of forecasting data. To find these reports use the Advanced search option, type country report or country forecast along with the name of the country you are researching in the search bar and limit your search to the document title.
- Science Direct - A leading full-text scientific database offering articles from more than 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and chapters from more than 11,000 books. Coverage is from at least 1995 onwards, although many publications are much earlier.
All these databases may be accessed through the Library's Resources page.
For more information please see How can I find a subject database?