The following databases are recommended as starting points for your research:
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO) - a full text business database, covering management, economics, finance, accounting, international business. It includes Journal articles, reports and books. Coverage is from 1886.
- Emerald Business Management and Economics e-books - Contains over 550 volumes from over 70 book series titles and new content is added each year. It offers access to subjects such as strategy, accounting and finance, organizational studies and economics, accounting, finance, organizational studies and economics.
- Emerald Insight - Provides full text journal articles with subject coverage which spans a spectrum of management disciplines - coverage is from 1898.
- EIU Country Data - A database of annual, quarterly and monthly economic indicators and forecasts. EIU CountryData delivers up to 317 series on 201 countries and 45 regional aggregates, running from 1980 and forecasting out five years. For the 82 most important markets, key variables are additionally projected to 2030 in order to facilitate business planning.
- Newsstand - this database contains full text articles from national and international newspapers. Includes full text articles from the Financial Times & The Economist. See the Skills For Learning blog for details.
The Library has access to a collection of databases which contain balance sheet information for companies from all around the world - for details about the databases see the FAQ - What are the best databases for Company Information?
All these databases may be accessed through the Library's Resources page.
For more information please see How can I find a subject database?